My Bircher Muesli

I'm a little late in getting the memo about Bircher Muesli being a foodie thing , I know it was developed around 1900 by a Swiss physician called Maximilian Bircher-Brenner.

Here's my version of it and I have to say mornings have been a lot easier knowing I have this prepared and it really does help stave off mid morning hunger pains so I'm not snacking anymore.


I use a clean glass jar (which used to hold pasta sauce) and add 4 tablespoons of rolled oats, then grate a small apple (including the skin) and add into the jar. Top with half a cup of milk (can be a non-diary alternative). Put the lid on and give it a good shake. Leave over night in the fridge and eat in the morning - if its a bit thick, just thin out with more milk. You can add any other extras to switch up the flavours. Currently I like to add 2 teaspoons of Fountain Hyaluronic  which has a ginger flavour and Buchanans desiccated coconut for an exotic taste. For the kids I add in chopped Noberasco apricots they are really soft and squidgy and don't taste artificial or look obviously like a plot by me to get their bowels more regular.... 

Comments

Popular Posts